Sunday, January 11, 2009

Millie at 10 months old



Wow, another month has flown by. Millie is 10 months old today. I'm going to the post office tomorrow to weigh her :) I think she weighs about 18 lbs. She is reaching 29" long. She's reached some milestones just within the last week.
-Yesterday she stood without support for about 10 seconds.
-She is getting the hang of her push n' stroll lion toy.
-She can get to a sitting position without assistance and back to lying if she chooses which has become troublesome around naptime. Yesterday, she took some of her nap sitting up in her crib. She was adamant not to lie down and let mommy win. I had to hold her down and sing to her for about 45 minutes while she smiled and talked to me and then finally fell back asleep. Like anyone, once you learn a new skill you want to do it all the time. I was like that with archery. Just kidding.
-She's becoming less dependent on me. I'm a little sad about it but it does come with some newfound freedoms. Millie isn't crying at the church nursery. She'll let other people hold her. She's talking and playing with other kiddos and wants to be a big kid too.
-She's weaning on her own. I plan to nurse her for about a year. Millie's down to 3-4 feedings a day which allows me to finally go to the dentist or get my hair done.
-As I've said before, she's not crawling but pulls herself up on everything and cruise alongside furniture like she's a big girl. I do think she's almost able to crawl, though, as she gets on all fours and rocks back and forth like she wants to go somewhere. Then she resorts to laying down and rolling until she gets to her destination.
-She signs "all done."
-Her favorite food is CHEERIOS, hands down. I think she could be a spokesbaby for CHEERIOS. She goes nuts and starts dancing anytime she sees the yellow box.

This month I'll be planning her BIG FIRST BIRTHDAY celebration! I'm looking for a great photographer who can take some fancy photos of Millie in February so if you know of anyone in Fayetteville preferably please let me know!

5 comments:

The Gotbeters said...

10 months? How? She is precious! You are doing a wonderful job! She will always need just in new and different ways:)

The Fromilles said...

she is getting so grown up!

This Life said...

She is so cute Brooke! About photographers, Leigh has a neighbor who does photo's. She has done some for severl of the MOPS ladies and they are really good. I just don't know her name!

Maureen said...

If you find a photographer PLEASE pass it on!

Leigh said...

Photographers name is Stacy Joyner. She lives in Normandy now. Her website is www.stacyjoynerphotography.com.

I've never used her but Kim King and Chesley Baker have a lot.