Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Walking ...breastmilk not included

Since Saturday, Millie has been walking about 5-10 steps on her own. She starts by holding on to something steady and letting go to get where she wants to. If she's standing, she'll walk before she crawls and if she drops down to the floor then she resorts back to crawling. I've tried to get this on video but haven't been too successful yet. Maybe next post we'll have something to prove her new found ability. I have a feeling she'll be fully walking very very soon .

For a week now Millie has been officially weaned. She is no longer being nursed and I feel free! I breastfed for a whole 1 year and 2 weeks! Majority of moms can't say that so I feel like a part of an elite group. Millie doesn't seem to miss our special time together either as long as she's got a full tummy. Her demeanor has changed too. She's become a lot more happy. Of course, it may be me treating her like a big girl now rather than an infant. I don't know how to describe it but I definitely notice a difference in her for the better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on doing an entire year!! You are apart of an elite group, it's such an insane committment, GREAT JOB!!

Isabel's not walking yet, but she is cruising. She can stand for a couple seconds, but she knows she can get from a to b faster crawling. She'll probably be a late walker just like her big sister was!