Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Ultrasound of Baby #2

I'm measuring at exactly 13 weeks and 4 days today. The due date is still Sept 20. This baby started out on his/her head for the ultrasound tech to take a picture and then tumbled on its back. His/her heart rate was again 150 bpm. Matt and I got to see all the fingers and toes and you can definitely pick out the spinal cord in the headstand photo. The mass in its head (in the side profile photos) is the brain, go figure. The technician told us 85% chance it's a boy because we did see something consistently between its legs in almost every other shot, but she wasn't for certain so I'm not going to go out and buy blue just yet. We'll see more of the rest of its parts (a obvious boy or girl determination) in about 7 more weeks right in time for my 30th birthday!

6 comments:

Auntie Lauren said...

o my how exciting! I love theses post. That will be a great birthday present. I can't believe my sister is going to be 30! Love you guys...

Hugs and kisses

Leigh said...

Crud! Only 7 weeks until Erin's birthday?!?!?! I need to shop.

The Gotbeters said...

Yay! SO thrilled for you guys!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited. I have dreamed so much about him that I feel like I know him. He will be a really neat kid. Brooke you will find that moms are fiercely protective of their sons...it is weird. We relate to and love our daughters but want to protect our sons.

Maureen said...

Yay for boys!! I've got 3 tubs of boy clothes looking for a home. :)

The Fromilles said...

thanks for sharing those! s/he looks so healthy... as if I would know.