Sunday, March 29, 2009

Curtis's 7th Birthday Party and the obsession with prickly pine cones

Millie has been quite the party animal this month as we have several family birthdays in March. Curtis turns 7 tomorrow and had a party on Friday to celebrate. Leigh did a fantastic job on the Lego pit where a couple of adult and kid-friendly Lego competitions took place. A Lego wall bordered the pit and occupied Millie greatly as she strolled back and forth on the wall throwing the Legos from the wall. She didn't even notice all the action she was missing inside the pit.









Today, Sunday, has been a beautiful Spring day. We have spent lots of it outside. We have a pine tree in the backyard so Millie has been especially entertained by all the pine cones. She even took one with her inside to take a nap. I don't know how she picks those things up and holds them so tightly. They are so prickly and hurt my hands. It kind of reminds me of being able to run around barefoot as a kid and now I can barely do it without walking very very slowly. As you can tell by the funny photo with Matt, it was a windy day!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I want to see pictures of the cake. I heard it was pretty cool. :)

Unknown said...

OH my gosh, that pic is so funny, look at her hair!! LOL so cute!!