Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yucky, yuck, yuck!


We managed to escape illness for nearly nine months until now. Yesterday, Millie's temperature hit 102.9! Not only did she have a fever but all the symptoms of a nasty cold and the beginning stages to an ear infection in her left ear. The doc caught the ear infection, thank goodness, because I did not want nor did I want Millie to go through the horror that I hear it is. The sweetest thing about yesterday was Millie just wanted to snuggle and sleep in my arms. That meant I could give her all the love and kisses without her jerking her head or body at whatever normally grabs her attention. Luckily, the severity only lasted for about a day. This morning she woke up with a normal body temp and smiles all around. She even wanted to get down and play. Medicine is good.

I did have a feeling that she was about to get sick because she was having trouble sleeping during our weekend in Charleston. And, she wasn't eating as well as she usually does. But her spirits were relatively good and we really enjoyed our time with Uncle Leo and Aunt Meg. Thank you for letting us crash your weekend! Although, we all know you loved having Millie to yourselves!

While in Charleston we visited and shopped-till-we-dropped with my friend, Michelle, and her new little man Brayden who just happens to be exactly 4 months younger than Millie. He did so well shopping with the ladies.

Lastly, Matt put up our Christmas lights and I decorated our little 3 1/2 foot tree with unbreakable ornaments just in case the tree falls. Millie really liked the outside lights.

5 comments:

The Gotbeters said...

Bless her heart..So glad she is feeling better! All the snuggles are so nice, and if you are nursing that is so comforting too:) Merry Christmas!

Auntie Lauren said...

my little niece is getting so big and more precious everyday. I am so happy she is feeling better. Cant wait to see everyone on the 20th!
xoxo

Leigh said...

Julie used to feel guilty for wanting Josiah to be sick every now and then - just to soak in the snuggles. :)

Glad it was short-lived.

Unknown said...

OH poor little thing! I know it's so hard for mommies when their babies are sick, it's just aweful. Thank God it was so short lived! She is just growing up so beautifully!

The Fromilles said...

so sorry to hear she was sick! that is the pits! I am very jealous of your Charleston trip! And have to say that I really like the hair cut... makes you look even more gorgeous:)