Sunday, September 7, 2008

Momma's Little Helper


My new favorite hobby is making baby food for Millie. I've got a couple of really cool cook books that feature baby food recipes for ages 4 months and up. So far I've made carrots, acorn squash, pears, parsnips, bananas, and this morning I made peaches! And, this week we'll be trying a new vegetable, green beans... yummy!!

Anyways, Millie sat on the counter grabbing at everything around her while I pureed the peaches. I poured the peaches into plastic cubes to store in the freezer then I let Millie "lick" the blender glass clean. She made this funny look when she took the first bite. The look one would give if they tasted something really tart. After that, she was begging for more. I love that she loves my cooking!

3 comments:

The Gotbeters said...

I did that for Thomas it was so much fun! Do you have the Super Baby Food book? That is a good one too!

Unknown said...

Isn't it great making your own food for your baby?! you know exactly what goes in to their little tummies and that makes me feel good. Plus-WAAaaay cheaper than canned food that's for sure!

Isa's favorite by far right now is mango!

The Fromilles said...

I knew you would turn into a chef one day:)