Sunday, September 21, 2008

In a Nutshell


Millie had a very productive weekend. She had a photo shoot to celebrate her half-birthday Friday morning, and enjoyed dinner out that night. She sat in the high chair the whole time and was mesmerized by all that was happening around her. On a side note, she is doing really well eating her big girl food for lunch and dinner. For lunch she has cereal and a veggie. For Dinner she eats cereal, a veggie and a fruit. This week we'll be working on eating solids for breakfast. It's extra effort for me to prep her food for her and actually sit down to feed her in the morning so we've been stalling as long as possible. But, I think she's ready so I'm looking forward to it!

On Saturday, Millie had some fun with Mia, Granddaddy, Aunt Meg, Uncle Leo, Aunt Katie and Kevin as we traveled down to Columbia to see the Gamecocks snag a win. Mia found the perfect Pumpkin costume for Millie's first Halloween and it fits her great! I just love those striped tights!

Then today, Millie and I tried to help Matt get caught up at work but that was nearly impossible in such close quarters. He shares office space with 4 other docs and its smaller than our bedroom. So we left him to focus on his many tasks and came home just in time for nap. After nap, Millie had some playtime in her swing. She was cracking up as I piled on her stuffed animals. She's really starting to recognize and snuggle with her new found friends.

Have I told you how much I love my job lately? Life is good.

2 comments:

batsonfamily said...

hey brooke and matt. hope things are going well. we're slowly settling in here in greenville. jan's finally here with me and i'm teaching away. hope you guys are doing well. we miss being able to see you guys.

Brad and Jan

Brandi Michelle said...

She is so so cute! I love seeing this site, all the pics, and especially the videos!!! Keep them coming. You have one bright little girl. It's good to hear from you. Lots of love---