Monday, September 15, 2008

Celebrating Half a Year!

I was pleasantly surprised with how well our little Millie did on the plane ride to/from FL. She either played or slept the whole time. As you can probably tell in the photo, I was a little more anxious about the whole ordeal than she was. I thought she might have a problem with sitting in my lap the whole time but she was good as long as she could sip from my water bottle every second. Isn't it interesting how she'll open wide for an Aquafina but have nothing to do with a bottle or a pacifier?! It was the only thing besides me that I could get her to suck on while we took off and landed. Now, take note of the bag that the book is propped up on in the other photo... it's full of toys...and she's sitting on the airport floor. Is that gross?? Nah, she's not crawling yet so she stayed right where I put her.

Millie turned 6 months last Thursday! Now that she's sitting up like a pro, she got to take her first ride (won't be her last :)) in the shopping cart at Target. She and my mom went off to look at "big girl" board books while I enjoyed some solo time.







When I took this pic of Millie in her pretty blue dress, I had just taken the dress out of her mouth. Hence the sour face. She's big on eating her clothes these days. But she looks so darn cute and tiny in this dress that I just had to post it.

4 comments:

The Gotbeters said...

She is sooo precious! I am so glad that your flight went well. I always found flying with my babies to be much easier than driving. Praise the Lord for nursing, smart girl to only want her momma!

The Fromilles said...

I'm glad she was so good for you! I am can't believe she is already 6 months!

Auntie Lauren said...

look that beautiful little girl! I can't wait to see her again! She already reading away! Smart girl!
xoxo

Unknown said...

Your pictures are just precious!! So you are having the issue with her not taking bottles too? Well I had the issue from day one, all Isa wanted was me. We went through every single bottle imaginable. Then we came across some playtex bottles with a wierd looking nipple. She loves it. a little too much. Because when I tried to breastfeed her later in the day, she got "lazy" with my boobs and discovered a bottle was much easier. I tried to pump, but for some reason I could never pump alot. We tried herbs and everything. Nothing worked, and now we're on stinky formula. Remember that if you are ever getting down about her not taking a bottle, because breastfeeding is so amazing! Keep it up as long as you can! :)