Friday, August 29, 2008

Water Baby

All week long Millie and I have been trying to make it the pool, but the weather had a different agenda. We walked to the pool this afternoon thinking that the rain might take a break. Just as we arrived, the pool had closed. As we(I) walked somberly back home, I had an idea! Eureka! We had our swimsuits on and all we needed was water, so I filled up the bathtub and voila!, we had a pool. Millie perked right up when she heard the water running (a familiar sound at bath time but it was the middle of the afternoon so I think she was a little confused). Together we kicked and splashed around until her little fingers and toes were all pruned up. She just loved it! (I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I cannot wait until next Summer when she's big enough to go to the beach with us. Oh man, we'll be there all the time.)

I almost wish we would have done this sooner. I'm glad we did it now though, especially now that she can sit up. I definitely recommend this idea to anyone with a baby. Borrow one if you have to!

1 comment:

The Fromilles said...

You're such a creative mom:)