Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Invention at Work



Apparently my original idea of creating a sippy top contraption to cap on top of a water bottle wasn't so original. Months ago, I had this "ah-ha" moment after taking a plane ride with Millie and all she would drink out of was my water bottle but what a mess it made! I had been so excited about making something useful for moms and dads to take with them anywhere without having to worry about whether or not they had a sippy cup with them for their little one(s). Ready to get a patent, I searched everywhere to see if my invention had been done before. At first I could not find anything similar. Lucky me! I was going to be rich! Unfortunately, my dreams quickly diminished shortly thereafter when my invention was spotted on onestepahead.com (most known for their new just-for-moms items that can't be found in the stores), and just this weekend during a trip to BRU, there they were in the feeding aisle staring me straight in the face! We snagged a pack and brought them home for a test run. Yeah, they work and they're perfect... so what. Just kidding, I'm a little envious that I didn't cash in on my idea sooner!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Don't you hate it when someone else beats you to something?!

I'm headed to BRU today! See you in the morning at music class.