Monday, May 11, 2009

Millie first sleepover at the Grandparents'


...and our first weekend getaway without Millie!

What a great weekend! We dropped Millie off in Columbia at the grandparents' house on Saturday afternoon, and then Matt and I headed to Kiawah Island to attend the Summers' Wedding. Let me just say that it felt so nice to not have to work around naptime and bedtime. We thoroughly enjoyed our one-on-one time together- peaceful drives, no schedule to work around, an enjoyable lunch talking about baby boy names and grown up stuff, a late night partying it up at the beautiful wedding, and sleeping in until 7:45am! WOW! I don't know why we didn't do this sooner but apparently Matt's parents and sister want her back over so we'll be definitely taking advantage! Thanks again Mia, Granddaddy, Aunt Katie and Kevin for entertaining our little one!











<< at the Angel Oak on our way back to pick up Millie!

2 comments:

Luis and Lauren said...

I love the blue dress. You look amazing! I love the belly shot. I wish I had a weekend with Millie

Mia said...

My Mother's Day was wonderful. Not only did I get flowers, but I got Millie for the weekend. It was beyond wonderful. She is so sweet, fun, happy, smart and two hands full. We love all of you so much.