Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Millie is 14 months old!





Millie's turned 14 months old yesterday! This month she learned how to stand herself up without assistance, walk better, run (see the video of her running down the hill in our front yard) and talk. Millie is certainly a toddler now. My little baby is long gone. Because she's all over the place and my belly is ever-growing, we are finally installing a fence in the backyard. I can't continue to chase her everywhere and worry about her running into the road within seconds. Matt and I are teaching her to stop and go when she's walking outside. She's just about got it down and is obeying us well. I'm looking forward to using the command- Stop- when in parking lots or public places and think it will be a lifesaver.

She learned "snack" and "look" over the weekend. You can tell she's trying so hard to say other words because she'll make an attempt at mimicking whatever you say. Oh and she's drinking her milk now but still working on the quantity.

She's obsessed about putting things back where they go. If she's sees something on the floor, she'll typically pick it up and put it on the coffee table. Her favorite hiding spot for her toys, shoes, and socks is the trash can whether it be in the diaper genie or our big kitchen trash. We are already missing some puzzle pieces and I have a feeling they are long gone in a trash bag somewhere. Matt lost his military ID the other day. He said Millie was playing with it the last time he saw it so who knew where it could have ended up. We looked everywhere, under and in the furniture, her room and all of her other play spots. We even went through the nasty trash! Almost 24 hours later Matt found it in one of her toy baskets. Of course! She must have put it in there when we were cleaning up her toys before bed.

Millie has always had a few stuffed animals in her crib to help comfort her in the off-chance she woke up in the middle of the night or something. Along with the a water cup, Millie's started holding onto a book or a toy when we put her to bed. The staple book these days are her "Love You Forever" book. She likes to flip through the pages just before she falls asleep.

Her top four middle teeth are almost out. They are peeking through the gum line and will make their appearance within the next week, I hope.

And, finally we'll leave you with some photos from her friend Carli's birthday party last Friday. I think we may have to invest in an outdoor jungle gym for her once the fence goes up.

4 comments:

Luis and Lauren said...

O MY GOODNESS! I can't wait to see and give my niece some well needed kisses. She is so big. XOXO

This Life said...

That first pic. looks so much like Erin! She is getting so big!

Jenna said...

Congratulations on the sweet little boy! I seriously can't believe how Millie has started looking like such a big girl just over the last 2 months! I can't imagine Eli being so "grown up" in 7-8 months from now! It seems that I mourn the loss of each passing phase as I celebrate new developments. Being a mom comes with such a mix of emotions!

Thanks for the baby food advice! I don't know anyone else who has taken on this venture, so I haven't had any personal resources. Did you freeze and store? Did you ever keep track of how many oz. Millie was eating at each meal? I'm sure Eli is getting enough--I just want to be sure I'm not overfeeding him!

I hope the rest of your pregnancy is easy and blessed! You look so great!

Leigh said...

What's this? A picture of Millie where she looks like someone other than her father? Can it be??? :)