Friday, October 3, 2008

Millie at 6 months, 3 weeks and a day

Are you tired of hearing about what Millie's up to at 6 months? Well hang in there because the month is almost over. Until then, here's another update from Millie's 6 month doctor appointment today:

Weight: 15 lbs, 7.8 oz (not quite the 17, like I suspected from a previous post. She must have had a dirty diaper and a full tummy when I weighed her that day. OR maybe my math wasn't right, which is very likely.)

Height: 27.2" (She grew by 1/2 an inch since her 4 month check up)

She is in good health. Her ears, skin, and overall body are healthy. She has been coughing here and there so I asked the dr about that. He listened to her lungs and noticed some wheezing. He said, however, she showed no signs of a cold or anything else. He suspected possibly allergies to the change in weather. He said it should go away on its own.

She's developing just like any other six month old. She can roll from her tummy to her back, sit up, stand while holding my hand, grab and pat at objects, eating solids well, turns her head at loud noises, smiles back when smiled to, most of the time, squeals a lot, and says "dadadadada" all the time along with "fafafa" but no "mamamama" yet :)

She doesn't have any teeth , isn't rolling from back to tummy, and doesn't crawl (which I prefer- less clean up for mommy!). All stuff that we are not worried about so all in all, we are proud of our little one!

1 comment:

The Gotbeters said...

6 months already! How in the world..She is so beautiful:) I would follow up on that wheezing, I have 2 wheezers and even if they are "happy wheezers" it is still an issue..maybe chat with kristen if you want a 2nd opinion:) I love her new picture on the side, girls are so much fun!