Saturday, October 25, 2008

10 days in FLORIDA


Wow! Well, I'll begin with we made it home and Millie was so great on the plane. She either slept, played or ate the whole way there and back without a whimper. Oh, she did puke up some cheerios when one got stuck in her throat. That was a riot! The grandmother sitting next to me handed me the "throw up" bag from the seat pocket so I could unload what was caught in my hands. (For some reason, my first reaction was to try to catch the liquid concoction.) Then she held Millie while I cleaned the throw up from my lap. Here's a picture of Millie when we were reunited with Daddy today.

Now I'm just going to show some pictures and a brief note to sum up our trip because we did a lot:
1. Millie went ice skating with Papa. Papa is a professional ice skater so what better person to take Millie out for her first ice experience but Papa! Girls were practicing all around them on the rink. Millie was a little distracted by them.


2. My sister, Lauren, found her wedding gown- my personal highlight of the weekend. Millie was a trooper as she slept on-the-go and in good spirits the for the most part. No, you can't see the dress, but here are two of my favorite photos from the day.

< with grandma







3. It was a big day. Not only did we go dress shopping but Millie also got to meet her great-grandmas, great aunts and uncles, and cousins. She's proven to be quite the social butterfly. Smiling, laughing and letting family hold her without having a meltdown. hooray! She's pictured here with Grandma D'Amico and Aunt Joan. She took a special liking to my cousin Mary's son, Dillon. Millie laughed anytime he moved.







4. We went to lunch with my mom and I snapped this shot. Mom got her laughing so hard I had to get that on camera too...




5. My good friends, Danielle and Jimma with Emree, her baby girl, came to dinner one night. Emree and Millie enjoyed bathtime and played together while we got to catch up.

6. Millie waved... at the dog, no less.


And now, the root beer... this picture is for some comedy relief.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Love the root beer picture

The Gotbeters said...

Welcome home! Sounds like Millie is quit the little traveler, the ice skating was really cool!

The Fromilles said...

Geez! She has grown up sooo much! She is such a card with all her laughing and smiling.