Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!







This holiday was spent with my dad, stepmom Pat, brother, his family and our friends Josh and Megan (unfortunately, not shown here). Leigh and Pat put the dinner together (baked turkey and all the fixin's) and the guys took care of frying the turkey. The place cards were made by my niece and nephew with their hand prints and everyone's name written out. Camden's placecard was coupled with mine- all too fitting. We brought over our big swing and Cam enjoyed that most of the day. Millie played with the cat, Feona and her cousins. With all that and the parade and football on the tv, it was a great Thanksgiving. We were missing you though, Lauren and Luis.

On Friday at midnight, Pat and I waited in line outside to get into Toys R Us for their early Black Friday sale. Two and a half hours later we had successfully made it home with a new outdoor playhouse and little shopping cart. I got the playhouse for a steal so the cold and rainy weather was totally worthwhile. Pat and I laughed at ourselves the whole time too. I went back to bed for about 3 hours then up again to head to Walmart, Home Depot and Target. While I was asleep Matt and my brother trekked over to the Post Exchange for more deals- mainly for the new TV now taking up nearly half of our dining room. We're excited to install and enjoy it in our new house (see photo) this weekend.Thanksgiving weekend, Matt and Millie took a trip down to Columbia to visit my in-laws. She came back with some tap shoes, leotard and ballet slippers- too cute. Mia always hooks Millie up with new and fun stuff. She's been walking around all morning today with her slippers on.

As for today, we got the keys to our new home! We'll move in on Thursday. Hoping we can make the move all in one day. Matt got Thursday and Friday off which never happens. I'm thinking that installing our new TV was his secret motivation to get those days off. Whatever the motive, I'm just happy to have him. And, my Dad stayed behind to help with the move too.

Here's Camden and Matt- taken today. He's starting to look like his Daddy.

2 comments:

Mia said...

Oh my Camden has grown sooooo much in this last month. I just can not believe the difference. So cute, his eyes are HUGE. Just love you all

Mia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.