Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baby Shower and Anniversary Celebration

Yesterday morning my wonderful girlfriends, Heather and Lindsay, threw me a shower in honor of Baby Camden. Since our small group and MOP's has not met for a while, it felt good to get the girls together again to celebrate this fun occasion. My favorite part about the shower was the blessing and prayer over Camden and his entrance into the world. And, then there was this fabulous cake, Lindsay made! Yum! Thank you to all my friends who made this day so special!



Later Millie went to Leigh and Andrew's to spend the night while Matt and I traveled to Raleigh for shopping, dinner and movie for our 7 year anniversary. We just love dates especially when there's a reason to celebrate. That will probably be the last date night we get before Camden comes. Which is crazy to imagine! Funny things about last night: we bought nothing, watched a mediocre Julie & Julia, but chowed down on a delicious dinner at PF Chang's. I got a lot of stares as we "belly"ed up to the bar. No one said anything because really we were just there to eat dinner rather than wait 2.5 hours for a table. I got some high-fives from bar folks as we were leaving which were apparently for the baby. I didn't know quite how to respond other than return the high fives but still felt it was a little strange to say the least.

No comments: