Friday, April 18, 2008

Something to write home about

These past couple of weeks I've learned a lot about parenthood. #1 Just when you think you've got it all figured out, your child goes and changes on you. So I've learned not to brag or boast about Millie sleeping well at night or taking long naps, both of which vary from day to day. If these are my biggest problems at 5 weeks, I can't imagine what's in store this next year or even tomorrow. #2 Dump the schedule when family's in town or at least be a little bit flexible. It's pretty nice to have all those hands to hold her and love on her with the slightest little wimper. #3 Today, Millie and I learned a new word, "BabyBjorn." We learned if mommy sits baby in it, then she will fall fast asleep in T minus 2 seconds. See her little eye poking out in the photo? It's so convenient carrying her little 8 lbs self around and she seems to be pretty darn comfortable. Now I can actually get things done. Watch out dishes, here I come!

Now, I must revert back to #1 and never speak of the Bjorn magic again!



We were out and about today. Not much to look at so Millie thought she would take a snooze.

3 comments:

The Fromilles said...

My girlfriend swears by the Bjorn! She doesn't go anywhere without it. I am glad it is working for you:)

Gram said...

How cute!
Congratulations on your graduation Matt (& Brooke & Millie). We are proud of you too.
Thanks for sharing the pictures and your family with us.

Bobbi

Unknown said...

i love the things you wrote about learning about parenthood..yeah, I've learned not to boast about isa sleeping through the night either, cause it changes every day! then when you read someone else boasting about it..it's kind of a downer in a wierd way. anywho..i couldn't get a thing done without the baby bjorn!! love that thing.