Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Update on Pregnancy (almost 8 months)


I'm 31 1/2 weeks along in my pregnancy and really have only 6-8 more weeks to go until our baby boy's birthday! I definitely feel like my belly is so big and it's really hard to imagine and remember just how much bigger this baby can grow. Right now, he's about 3 lbs and measuring about 16 inches long. I'm praying for a 6-pounder like Millie was when she was born. That would give me another easy delivery. Certainly, the Lord will answer that prayer, right?

We have decided on his first name, Camden. The name came from one of Matt's pediatric patients whom he treated. Matt shared the name with me and we both agreed it's perfect. It's unique, Southern, and a name he can grow with. If you google his name, the name, Camden, doesn't have a specific meaning. We like the idea of Camden defining his own self and are so interested to see what he will be like. We're not sure yet what his middle name will be, but I'm thinking it will be a family name.

His room is nearly ready. Thankfully we were able to find his crib, and the room is already painted a pale Carolina blue. I was really stuck on bedding until yesterday. Millie and I took a trip to BRU and I decided to go with a baby blue minky dotted bumper and cotton baby blue dust ruffle. The fitted sheet has matching blue, sage and chocolate polka dots on white. Sense was knocked into me when I realized this room also needs to serve as a guest bedroom. I couldn't/wouldn't go too wild with the decor. Next I'm getting a rug, wall decor and pillows (for the sofa bed) to liven up the room and bring in the greens and browns. A trip to Pier One, TJ Max and/or Lowes (surprisingly) should have what I'm looking for.

My next doctor's appointment is on the 27th then we'll really see just how big he's gotten.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Can't wait to see the new bedding!

The Gotbeters said...

so glad everyone is doing well! you look amazing! I commented back on my blog about thomas' swimming, check it out when you get a chance:)